Youth will be engaged in interactive puzzles and guided coursework to learn the basics of computer programming. This program will run 1 day a week over 3-month courses with students in groups of up to 14. A total of 56 youths will go through the course over the 12-month period. The youth will have the opportunity to explore computer science as a potential career path after this course.
- 1 evening a week after school for 3 hours.
- 14 youths per 3-month course.
- 4 courses during a 12-month period.
- Introduction to basic computer skills with the instructor.
- Introduction to computer coding with the instructor.
- Coding-related puzzles and games.
Objectives and outcomes:
- 56 youths have completed the course.
- Improved computer usage skills.
- Basic computer coding skills developed.
- Create interest in computer careers among newcomers.